widget

Sunday, April 26, 2020

FAST FORWARD! SEVEN YEARS!! APRIL 26th 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic!!

Wow! It's been seven (7) years since I have been  here to write! I could not even remember the name of the blog!!
At my last writing I had 2 little granddaughters Milihannah and Hazel..and now I am a grandma of seven (count them seven) Hazel, Mili, Gavin, James, Nolan, Makiaha,and Harrison!!

A hundred years ago,the world was in a major Pandemic of Influenza. They called it the "Spanish Flu". WHY? because of tight censorship of the media at the time. Granted, it wasn't quite like this day and age  with media overwhelming and inundating us until we don't know what to believe. It was however at time when the world was at war and to keep the country focused on war efforts , there was a downplay of the illness through the orders of the governments. The only country not involved in the world war was Spain and so their news was not censored , consequently the news everyone got concerning the flu epidemic was coming out of Spain, though it most likely started with a soldier in Kentucky!!!

 Here is a great little link! It is in Facebook.

 I am an Elementary school Librarian and default site tech, This COVID19 Pandemic has closed schools and businesses all over the world.We are in a worldwide shut down. We are about to do Online school and there are teachers calling me and texting me for help with this tech piece that I am not ready to tackle.I'm scared.. nervous.... worried...  What do I know about this stuff??
The other teacher that works with me is much more knowledgeable about teach than me...I am having that GREAT SELF DOUBT again!
 I just e-mailed my principal.. OMG! I just rambled....... but  I trust her so much!  We shall see what she thinks...

Here I am taking care of young children at 60..!Things that my own kids did that bugged me are not so much with these kids.. Is that Age on my part? Or is that wisdom? Who knows??
I am still reading devotionals and trying to remember God has a hold of this .. I am wondering if we are in a time where those of us who are trying so hard to follow Jesus are going to see him work in very great and mysterious ways through all of this...
I am but a child of God, who tries to follow my Father's wishes. From where does our peace come?From believing ina God who loves and cares about his people.




No comments:

Post a Comment